- Can I create a fundraising page to raise more than the registration fee?
After you register for our event on www.allirelandcycle.ie you will receive confirmation with a link to a JustGiving fundraising page. This page is linked directly to our charity which means you won’t have to worry about handling the money yourself, and donations from your family and friends go straight to the charity - while you can keep an eye on the amount you are raising. You probably know how these fundraising sites work already, but the general idea is that you will share your link with your friends and family through email or social media, and invite them to support you by donating to the charity.
- Where do I cycle?
As this is not a group cycling event, you can cycle anywhere at any time that suits you. Even indoors on a turbo! Just make sure you are safe, that you can record how many kilometres you pedal for your County, and follow the steps in #8 below to log your activity to your account on our website.
- Can I use a stationary bike?
Yes. You can build up the kilometres by cycling outdoors on the roads or indoors on a stationary bike – just as long as you can track the kilometres that you are cycling! Zwift is an example of a popular virtual cycling apps.
- What device can I use to record my distances?
You can use any device to track your activity including bike computers like Garmin, Wahoo and most smart phones. Popular apps include Fitbit, Garmin, Strava, Map my Ride and Zwift (indoor). Then follow the steps in #8 below to log your activity to your account on our website.
- Can I do more than 200km?
Of course! We expect club and elite cyclists to target 450km’s in 10 days.
- Do I have to cycle 20km’s each day?
Not at all. You don’t have to cycle each day, so you can pick and choose the days you wish to cycle.
Logging your cycles and kilometres
- How to do I log an activity?
- Step 1: once you have registered, log back into www.allirelandcycle.ie using the password you used to register
- Step 2: click on the ‘Log an Activity’ button
- Step 3: select the date of your activity from the drop-down calendar
- Step 4: input the distance covered of your activity (numbers only)
- Step 5: finally, you just need to upload proof that you cycled that distance. Simply take a photo of the screen on your Garmin, Strava, Zwift, watch or other bike computer screen that proves you cycled the kilometres, then click Choose File to upload the photo from your device.
- What happens when you log an activity?
Every time you log an activity it will be added to your overall personal total KM and each of your league totals will also be updated automatically.
- Can I log multiple activities on the same date?
Yes. Once you have tracked your activities separately, and can upload proof, follow the normal log an activity steps (1-5) as outlined above. Each activity must be logged separately, even if completed on the same date.
- I forgot to log a previous day’s activity, what do I do?
No problem – follow the steps as outlined above and select the appropriate date from the drop calendar (PS ensure you have appropriate proof/photo)
- How much information can other people doing this challenge see about me and my logged activities?
The only people who can see any information about you or your activities are those who are in the same league as you.
Leagues and Leaderboards
- What is a league and why join one?
We have included the league feature to allow participants to be part of a smaller army. This way you can see how others within your own league are getting on, know what your combined league total is as a group and make sure you win the bragging rights! Some participants create leagues for:
- cycling clubs and other organisations
- work colleagues and companies
- extended family, neighbours and friends (even those living abroad)
- How do I create a new league?
- Step 1: log into your portal on www.allirelandcycle.ie
- Step 2: Click on the ‘My Leagues’ Button
- Step 3: Click on the ‘Create New League’ Button
- Step 4: Give your New League a name
- Step 5: Click on the ‘Confirm’ Button
Your New League will now be visible on your My Leagues List.
- How do I join a league?
- Step 1: log into your portal on www.100kin30days.ie
- Step 2: Click on the ‘Join a League’ Button
- Step 3: Use the search box to find the league you wish to join and select it
- Step 4: Click the ‘Join’ Button
Congratulations! You are now part of a league.
- Who can create a league?
Anyone can set up a new league. We recommend you check the list of existing leagues first to avoid duplication.
- How many leagues can I be part of?
You can be part of up to 10 leagues at any one time.
- Is there a limit to the number of participants in any one league?
- Who decides who can join a league?
Each individual (you) decide which league they (you) wish to be part of.
- I joined the wrong league or want to leave a league what do I do?
If you joined the wrong league, don’t worry! You can easily remove yourself and your activities logged by clicking the unjoin button on your league list.
- What information can my fellow league members see about me and my activities?
The only information that anyone can see about you are your name and your total kilometres logged.